We are looking for one person who can write technical articles about machine learning. Are you that someone?
Application deadline: June 1, 2020
What is ML From Scratch about?
At its core, ML From Scratch is about educating people and explaining concepts, theory and techniques in machine learning and deep learning. The goal is to provide clarity by simplifying seemingly complex topics.
We generate no cash in return for any of the work we do. ML From Scratch is essentially provided for free, for anyone willing to sit down and understand a topic. We consider our work open-source, and we are essentially asking you to contribute to this open-source project.
What's in it for you?
- The exposure of being on this platform can open new opportunities for you – our owner Casper was recognized for his work at ML From Scratch, and he was headhunted by IBM to write technical articles for them.
- A big learning experience. You will undoubtedly be pushed to learn something new and challenging.
- We will publish your articles to all of our audience; by email and social media.
- We use Ghost for publishing, which is exactly like writing in Microsoft Word or Google Docs. In other words, you don't need to know anything about HTML and CSS to write on this platform.
What are we looking for?
- A person who is curious, punctual and thrives in exploring and learning something new.
- Your degree does not matter. Though, you need to be knowledgeable about the topic you seek to write about. Maybe you are a student in a college/university, who is taking deep learning, statistics and/or machine learning courses?
- Fluency in english – whether it is your native language or not, you need to be able to form a coherent article.
Note: We are not offering money in exchange for articles, since we generate no cash from our content. Though, we would like to think that you can and will make a name for yourself, just by writing for us. You will be exposed to all our followers on social media and by email, and you will have your own page, that is indexed by search engines.
Are you interested?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information.
- Your name, country and a few sentences about your career or area of study, with relation to machine learning, statistics, data science or something else.
- One suggestion for your first article on this platform, in the following format.
a. Headline/title of the article.
b. Why should someone learn this topic/why is it useful?
c. The structure of the article.
- Previous work on something related to machine learning. Did you write articles? Coded a project? Submitted an assignment for a course? Provide a link or attachments in your e-mail (if you choose to include an assignment, please include the description of the assignment).